Tuesday 10 February 2009

Welcome and Our Training Course

Hello everyone!

I have started this blog as one of the guys on the grad programme. I was thinking, and as part of the 2008 intake, our first six months have been really eventful and interesting. However, from the training course today, one of the resounding features has been the great time I had meeting everyone again. With some of the guys there, it had been 6 months since I had seen them and it was great to catch up.

So here is the deal - I am going to try writing a Blog. The idea is two-fold.

a) I wanted a way to keep into contact socially and let you guys know how I was getting on.

b) I wanted a non-work environment where I can comment on certain features and experience on a day by day basis.

The way I really want the blog to work is to have weekly or Bi-weekly posts from myself, plus regular inputs from you guys. Initially, I want it to be a general discussion for our experiences and feelings. I didn't feel comfortable posting on face-book, so I am using a blogging site to give me that bit more Independence.

So, I just wanted to give you guys of a few base rules I will be adhering to to ensure fairness.

1) Initially I will moderate comments, I don't want any slagging off.
2) I will not use any names until I am more comfortable with the content and style.
3) I will keep it general but relevant - I want to let you guys know how I am getting on without discussing anything that may be misconstrued.

and Finally,

4) I want to keep it interesting. If I am ever being boring around a topic or you think I am out of line please let me know. I want to keep it fun.

I think this will be particularly great if it allows us to communicate our experiences. As we all start our next placements, we will be going in new and different directions and I really want to keep in touch with people.

So that's it for me - I will post my first comment shortly - its just about the course we were all on today!

Kindest,

Dante

No comments:

Post a Comment